Tuesday, March 1, 2011
" Promise Of Friendship "
While we wore the same smiles, we stood together as the world passed us by. You always had the ability to see through my fighting pose, offering a hand when I needed one. I knew where you would hide, when the abusive noises would carry through the air. Even if I showed off my strength and bravery, I could not have survived this long without you. Like a relentless wave hitting an indestructible dam, we will always try to calm the others storm. I want to throw away my useless pride, and just accept these things I can not change. The promise of friendship we made that time, I doubt it will ever fade from memory. Yet before we realized it, we had found our own futures and departed on different paths. Once more we had pledged to meet again shared a toast of time, then set out for unseen destinations. Even if you are at the other end of the earth, a place where I can not go. I know there will always be an unbreakable bond between us. Although at times you and I might get lost, we are always making progress. Like a boat that opposes the tide, we may be battered and bruised in our private journey. We must continue on through the riptide, for it is this that makes us stronger. Even when you have grown accustomed to the loneliness of the moon, know somewhere I see it's light as well. I need you to remember this one last thing, even as an adult somethings never fade with time. As this life goes on, I will never forget this vast land. Nor the many friends who I met on my journeys on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:)
ReplyDelete